The East-West Center is offering students from the Asia-Pacific region and the United States an excellent opportunity to apply for the East-West Center Graduate Scholarship at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The program provides graduate students with the opportunity to receive academic support and participate in educational, cultural, community and leadership development programs while attending graduate school at the University of Hawaii.
The main purpose of the East West Center Fellowship is to create visibility into the Asia-Pacific community and educate students about the future leadership roles that EWC fellows live with and participate in academic and community activities.
The University of Hawaii Graduate Scholarships provide tuition, textbooks, room and board, and partial funding for meals, health insurance, and incidentals at the EastWest Center dormitory.
Details of East-West Center Graduate Fellowship
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Host: Hawaii University
Fellowship Host Country: United States
Learn More: Best Graduate Engineering Schools in the World
Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
Degree Level: Masters & PhD
Areas of Study Available
- Public Administration
- Pacific Islander Research
- Master of Laws
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Business Administration
- Business Administration (Global MBA in Japan)
- Tropical Plants and Soil Science
- Ocean and Resource Engineering
Eligible Countries List
Australia, Marshall Islands, American Samoa, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Northern Mariana Islands, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna Islands
Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Iran, India, Maldives, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka
Singapore, Burma, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, East Timor, Vietnam
Taiwan , China, North Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, Macau, Korea snail, Russian,
Selection Criteria for East-West Center Graduate Scholarship
To apply for the Graduate Graduate Scholarship in Hawaii 2023, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the countries listed above.
- Must have a master’s or doctoral degree from an accredited university.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with excellent academic performance.
- Two years of continuous professional work experience.
- Has skills in speaking and writing in English.
- Age must be under 35; The age limit may be 45 for programs suitable for officials and senior management.
- The applicant must be in good physical and mental health.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023.
- Candidates not yet registered as classified graduate students at the University of Hawaii Manoa must apply by December 1st for the next fall semester.
- Applicants can apply online using the University of Hawaii Application Portal.
- In order for your EWC application to be processed on time, all supporting documents must be completed by the admissions office and UH department.