Do you want to study in the United Kingdom? If this is the case, applications for Gates Cambridge Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024 are now open to students from all over the world. Every year, the Gates Cambridge Scholarships award 80 fully-funded scholarships to outstanding candidates from countries other than the United Kingdom who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 covers the entire cost of attending Cambridge as well as additional, discretionary funding.
In October 2000, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation established the Gates Cambridge Scholarship program by donating US$210 million to the University of Cambridge, the largest single donation ever made to a UK university. More than 20,000 students attend Cambridge University.
Details of Gates Scholarship Program 2023
No of Courses Offered: Not Specified
Host Country: United Kingdom
Name of Sponsor: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
Number of Scholarships: 85+
Degree Level: Masters and PhD
Value of Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023
Successful applicants for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students will enjoy the following benefits.
- University composition fee at appropriate rate
- £ 17,500 Single student support allowance
- Low cost airline tickets.
- Entry visa fees and health immigration fees
- Funding of academic development from a maximum of £ 500 to a maximum of £ 2000.
- Family allowances: up to £ 10,120 and for the first child up to £ 4,320.
- Field work.
- Maternity / paternity funding
- Proof funding: For sudden difficulties.
Subjects and Specializations Available
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship at Cambridge University offers all degrees of study for international students.
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Independent Institutions of all Faculties
- Faculty of Biosciences
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Clinical Medicine
- Faculty of Technology
- Engineering Sciences (all subject areas)
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Islamic Studies
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom (UK).
- applicants can apply for one of the following courses of study:
- MSc / MLitt
- Postgraduate course (Master)
- applicants must demonstrate scientific excellence (through certificates, certificates, experience)
- applicants must be able to make strong arguments for a particular degree in Cambridge.
- Complete online application
- Declaration of purpose.
- Research proposal (for PhD)
- Gates Cambridge Reference
- Applicants can submit their applications for admission and the Gates Cambridge Scholarship through the university’s application portal.
- The application form should describe the program, the Gates Cambridge section, and the applicant’s preferred study location at the university.
- By examining the applications, Gates Cambridge has access to the complete Application for Admission and Funding.