Top 10 Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Scholarships
Ehlers Danlos Syndrome sounds familiar, or you never heard of it? Probably seen persons with it and never knew what it was.
Well, let’s give a general overview of this syndrome.
Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS)
EDS is a genetic ailment that disrupts the connective tissue supporting the bones, blood vessels, ligaments, walls of our intestines, joints, bones in our body systems. The Connective tissues in our body are in charge of giving support to organs in the body(bones, joints, blood vessels); a glitch causes conditions that threaten human life.
Types Of Ehlers Danios Syndrome
Recent discovery shows there are 13 types of EDS;
Read Also: 13 Top Government Colleges in Canada
- Cardiac Valvular EDS
- Classic EDS
- Hypermobile EDS
- Myopathic EDS
- Brittle Cornea EDS
- Periodontal EDS
- Spondlodysplastic EDS
- Musculocontractural EDS
- Arthrochalasia EDS
- Vascular EDS
- Kyphoscoliosis EDS
- Dermatosparaxis EDS
- Classic-like EDS
General Symptoms of EDS
- Lossed joints
- Highly Elastic Skin
- Heart problems
- Weak blood vessels
- Severe muscle aches
- Bulging eyes
- Chronic Pains all over
It is important to note that individuals with severe EDS stages can be tagged disabled and can benefit from the various provisions designed to help disabled persons. One of them is EDUCATION.
10 EHLERS DANLOS SYNDROME SCHOLARSHIPS
Persons with EDS who desire to further their education, whether in a University, College, or other Vocational training programs, can apply for these scholarships, keeping in mind that there are requirements that must be met.
It was set up after Hannah Bernard, who fought with disability till death at age 19. In honour of her to render a scholarship to persons who are disabled with Ehlers Danols Syndrome and help further their education.
The persons applying for the Scholarship must, in 500 words, describe how you are coping with your ailment.
And another 500 words about how the Hannah Bernard Memorial Scholarships will help achieve your educational aspirations.
The BRPF provides scholarships for persons with EDS( Ehlers Danols Syndrome) by giving $2000 to $4000. This provision is available for 2-3 persons a year.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5
- Students in last year of High School or already in College
- Write an essay of 100 and above words on why the Scholarship will be beneficial to you.
- Have a list of 5-10 year goals
this scholarship board assists disabled persons who are mobile restricted that they use wheelchairs or other devices for movement. Persons with severe EDS have mobility restrictions; hence the Scholarship is open to them.
- Must be 16years and above
- Must have a GPA of 2.0
- Must be enrolled in colleges in the United States.
The Scholarship was set up to honour Hanana Ostrea, who died from a disability at three years of age. It is made available to persons suffering from rare genetic ailments, which the Ehler Danols Syndrome is inclusive.
- Must be reside permenently in the United States
- Proof of family member with the ailments (dead or alive)
- Have a GPA of 2.0
- Not a recipient of the Scholarship in the past years
this is made available for general disabilities, and The Ehlers Donal Syndrome falls under it.
- Must be students in the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Can Apply at the final year of High School
- Available for international students and permanent residents of the United States.
- Copy of reference letters and Academic transcript
This foundation provides educational assistance to persons with disabilities such as Ehler Danols Syndrome, including blindness, autism etc. The fundings are not directly made to the individuals but institutions partnered with the foundation through their financial aid and Scholarship offices. The various partnered institutions
- Long Island University Brooklyn Campus
- Ursinus College
- Penn State University
- Mac Daniel College
- Brooklyn University
- Brand University
- Columbia University
- Cabrina University
- Delaware Valley University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Gallaudet University
- New York University
- Villanova University
- Temple University
This Scholarship is extended to all disabilities hence, EDS inclusive, persons who want to pursue their career in communications, or the Entertainment world. It is available every year and the selected individual is given $5000 for educational assist.
- Individual must be certain or provide proof that he or she is disabled
- Must have entrance to any college or university in the United States. Etc
This Foundation was set up to annually support 35 students with rare diseases such as Ehler Danlos Syndrome to further their educational goal. They provide $4000 to the individuals who qualify.
- Applicants must be over 17years
- Choice of Institution must be in the United States
- Applicants must make provision of a Diagnosis Verification Form from a reputable physician.
Ehler Danols Syndrome is one of the rare disorders hence it is fitting to fall under this category. The organisations annually award 4 students each with a $5000 educational Scholarship.
- Must be Permanent Resident of the United States
- Must have a GPA of 3.0
- Must demonstrate high involved activity in the improvement of rare disorders through researches etc.
This Scholarship as the name implies provides scholarships for Edhler Danols Syndrome students in the science sector like Mathematics, Medicals, Engineering etc. It was founded in the year 1975 as a Non-profit organisation to help fulfil the educational dreams of disabled persons.
- Candidates must be in the Science department
- A written article of 250 words describing how funds will help further educational goal
- Letter from the choice of institution to confirm entry.
Having Edler Danols Syndrome should not impede your educational dreams, go through all the scholarships available, apply and never give up on your dreams.